Sunday, July 5, 2009

london







I arrived in london yesterday around 4pm and met up with the rest of my eurotrip crew at around 5pm at our hotel. The first 2 weeks of my trip I spent in Greece definitely flew by, I can't believe its over. I am, however, very excited to be with Nina, Kelly, and Kyle and start the 2nd half of my trip!

The weather here is beautiful, sunny and about 80ish. Today we explored the city a little bit and covered a lot of ground. We went to buckingham palace, abbey road studios, and hyde park. It is so refreshing to be in a city that speaks english, I definitely take communication for granted when I am back home. It was so relaxing to go to a restaurant last night and order my dinner without having to point to the menu and receive confused looks from the server.

The picture of the four of us is in front of the fountain at Buckingham Palace and Nina, Kelly and I are doing our best impression of Sherlock Holmes at the Sherlock Holmes Museum. Hope everyone had a great 4th of July!

3 comments:

  1. Marcy, Kelly, Kyle and Nina,
    It sounds like a dream vacation. Our family is praying for your safety every night at dinner. Please keep posting pictures as I am sure these are places I will never see in my lifetime and I really enjoy them. Have a blast, stay safe, look out for each other. Our love to you all!!!! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey you guys look great in london!!!! you girls would definitely make awesome detectives!!we are following your schedule to try to know about where you are each day!! have lots of fun, and keep the updates coming!! love you, mike and nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey you guys,
    we are waiting for some more pics!!!! hope you are all keeping journals so you can tell us about everything you are doing and seeing!! thanks for your second phone message kyle! it is good to hear your voice. hope you are taking good care of your 3 lady traveling companions!!! we are having beautiful weather here but maybe not as beautiful as yours. if you get to germany don't forget to look up liz and frank!!! they would be stoked to see you all! have fun!! can't wait to hear all about everything!! love you, mike and nancy

    ReplyDelete